Now is the time to start thinking ahead about how you can make 2022 the best year of all for your personal injury law firm’s website. As we’ve talked about before, the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) continues to grow as users use organic search more and more to find what they need.
Staying ahead of the SEO game for your personal injury law firm’s website
The old adage “forewarned is forearmed” is as relevant today as it was back when it was first mentioned (in the 1500s). As competition for personal injury law representation increases, the need to know what lies ahead is of utmost importance.
Here is a look ahead to the top Google website ranking factors predicted for 2022.
- Go mobile! If you don’t already have a mobile website, you need to get one ASAP. Most people use their mobile devices to find products and services than they do their laptops or desktops. Because this is the case, Google’s indexing actually is “mobile-first.” This means that Google will index the URL of your mobile site and use it for ranking instead of your desktop website’s URL. This information is crucial to your website ranking.
- Prioritize your users’ experience (aka/UX). If you want to succeed in higher SERPs (Search Engine Response Pages) ranking, you need to make the user experience easy and seamless. This means that your website needs well-organized information architecture, an expert design for usability based on user research.
- Core web vitals are metrics that impact your usability. These are a set of user-focused metrics designed to measure a page’s health in terms of providing a smooth and seamless user experience. For example, if a victim of a car accident goes to your website and converts (contacts you), it will show up in higher rankings because it means that all factors in making your site user friendly has succeeded in increasing your conversion rate.
- Is your page speed optimized? Page speed ranking for desktops also became a Google ranking factor for mobile sites in 2018. No one wants to wait around for a page to load. The faster a page loads, the better the user experience. On-page optimization will help speed up your page loads for this enhanced experience.
- Secure your website. You want to secure the URL of your website using HTTPS, instead of just HTTP. Without it, Google’s Chrome browser flags sites as “not secure.” The consequence of this could be a higher bounce rate, as potential visitors don’t want to click on a site that could contain dangerous elements for their computer or mobile device.
- Use metadata. This is part of HTML which allows you to include a title tag and page descriptions. This is part of what a search user sees in the results page.
- Use Schema markup. Schema is the organization of data. When used within your website, it tells search engines more about your content, which can then lead to greater SERPs.
- Local ranking and local maps: Positive Google reviews and testimonials can greatly improve your personal injury law firm’s local rankings and can help give your law office the prominence you want both online and off. It’s also very important that you show up in local map results, as the closer the people seeking representation are, the more likely they are to avail themselves of your services.
- Featured snippets can help page ranking. These are the little bits of text included when your website shows up in SERPs. It is Google’s choice whether to use them or not, but with the help of an expert, you can create the kind of content that has a chance of being shown.
- External and Internal links. You want to do whatever you can to get inbound links (aka/backlinks) from other trustworthy sites. Internal links help users quickly find the information they are seeking on your website. Both types of links are important for higher search engine rankings.
Of course the most important ranking factor is content. You can excel at all of the above, but if your content isn’t up to snuff, isn’t relevant, has no value, is poorly written, then you might as well spend your time doing something else. However, when you have excellent content along with the above SEO ranking features, you create the possibility of much greater growth for your personal injury law firm.
Here’s to a good 2022 for your SEO and SERPs gains!
Source: Red Website Design
If you have any questions about this article or need help with your SEO website optimization ranking features, give us a call at Group Matrix. We can help you with any and all aspects of your marketing campaign.