We’ve written a lot about using social media as a way to attract new clients for your personal injury firm. Social media is an extremely effective part of your overall digital media strategy so it is very important that you know what it takes to make it successful for you.
In this article we will explore the many ways you can employ social media to retain or build your reputation and trustworthiness, publicize your brand, and expand your personal injury law business.
Social media marketing success secrets for personal injury attorneys
Here are the some of the most compelling ways to create a successful social media marketing strategy for your personal injury law firm.
- Know your target audience. What is the general make-up of your past and current clients? What group do you want to attract? What are the demographics, their age, their income levels?
- Choose your social media platforms wisely. Once you determine your target audience, determine which social media platforms they use and make sure you use them too. These would include most of the clearly recognizable platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit, and Instagram.
- Spy on your competitors! You know who your biggest competitors are so you might as well know what they are doing on their social media pages. What platforms are they using? What kinds of content do they use in their posts? Who are they targeting? What are they promoting and how are they doing it? It’s always good to learn from others and if your competitors are succeeding, then learn from them.
- Connect with personal injury influencers who are on social media. Influencers are just what the name implies – people who are highly regarded and whose opinion others respect. Influencers for personal injury law can be other attorneys, local bar associations, Chambers of Commerce, community groups and others. By making their acquaintance both in person and online, you can increase your chances of them recommending your law firm.
- Post contests with a nice prize: People love to win something. Have fun with your posts and advertise (for free) a contest of some sort. The winner(s) could receive a dinner for two, movie tickets, or something else most people would appreciate. Contests get your name out there and help people remember who you are in the time of their need.
- Repost positive reviews: Don’t be shy about promoting yourself. If you receive rave reviews, either on your own website or on Google, copy them and let people know others think your services are excellent.
- Use paid ads on social media: Having free advertising through your posts and getting shares is great. However, they alone will not move you along the fast track. Paid social media ads help maximize your reach in getting the word out about your personal injury services. These ads can be customized to your budget, so most of you should be able to use them.
- Drive traffic to your website: Always include a call-to-action in a post or video that enables the visitor to either contact you or go to your website. Once on your site, they will be able to see the range of services your personal injury law firm provides, which will help them make a decision about representation.
- Other secrets that should help ensure your social media efforts: Use hashtags, ask for business, show your personality and who you are, post relevant, interesting content, optimize your business profiles on each platform, and keep your brand consistent.
Social media is here to stay for the long run. People are inherently social and like communicating. By adhering to the best practices of social media management listed above, you can help ensure that your social media marketing efforts will help with lead generation and more business for your personal injury law firm.
If you have any questions about this article and how it can relate to your personal injury firm’s digital marketing strategy,give us a call at Group Matrix. We can help you develop any aspect of your digital marketing campaign.