After months of testing, TikTok, the popular video-sharing social media platform, is presenting its “Promote” feature for businesses. The beauty of this option is that is lets the poster take a previous video and turn it into a promotional ad, without having to leave the application.
According to TikTok, “…Promote is [now] available to help businesses reach more people and grow their community with their TikTok videos. With Promote, you can turn any organic TikTok video into an ad, directly within the app. You can start reaching new audiences, build a following, and drive traffic to your business website.”
How to launch a quick TikTok promotion
Similar to Facebook’s “Boost,” which lets you create an ad campaign from a post, TikTok’s “Promote” can be launched using the following the steps.
- Begin with choosing the video you want to promote. Common sense will tell you which one of your organic videos to select by choosing the one that has performed best.
- The next step is actually setting up the promotion. First select a goal (more views, more website visits, or more follows); determine a budget and time frame for your promotion; and select your target audience.
- More Views – This helps to get more people to view your video
- More Website Visits – This enables people to go to your website
- More Followers – This helps you grow the number of your followers
Whatever goal you choose, TikTok will give you step-by-step instructions on what to do next.
That’s pretty much it! Sit back and, after your promotional video is approved, watch how well your video is doing, how many new people are watching and how much more your personal injury business may grow as a result.
How to access TikTok’s “Promote” option
You’ll be able to access TikTok’s Promote option via the fire icon (video settings) on each video, through TikTok’s Creator Tools menu, or through the Business Suite.
Once you have completed a promoted video, it will appear in targeted user “For You” feeds with a “Promoted” label, indicating that the video is a paid part of your outreach.
How effective is TikTok’s “Promote” option?
Because this is so new, there are no tried and true results yet. However, one thing has been proven — TikTok’s algorithm is particularly good at showing people more of what they want to see.
“Promote” is most definitely in its experimental stage but TikTok’s popularity is enormous. If you want to try this route, know that your best TikTok videos are the ones that speak to your target audience and effectively convey your personal injury firm’s brand authenticity.
You can learn more about TikTok Promote here.
If you have any questions about TikTok or need help creating your personal injury social marketing strategy, give us a call at Group Matrix. We can help you with any and all aspects of your marketing campaign.