If you don’t already have a Twitter account as part of your social marketing campaign strategy, you might want to review the benefits of having one for your personal injury law business. Then if you decide to open one, you’ll need to know the best way to create your account.
Benefits of having a Twitter account
Here are a few of the top reasons why Twitter could be important for your personal injury law firm’s business. With approximately 6,000 tweets per second, Twitter is like a huge focus group where businesses can discern people’s needs and mindsets.
With Twitter you can:
- Gain valuable insights into your target audience;
- Build your brand personality and awareness at no cost, and grow a strong organic following;
- Reach new audiences;
- Gather important feedback from potential clients and others;
- Keep up with the industry and your competition.
What you need to do to create a Twitter account for your personal injury law firm
The following is a list of what you need to do to create a Twitter account for your personal injury law firm.
- Choosing a username: Using your business name is the best choice. If, for some reason, it isn’t available, choose one that tells people who you are and what you do.
- Writing your bio: You have 160 characters to tell people about yoursef and your personal injury law firm. Determine what you would say to someone who had no idea who you are or what you do and take it from there.
- Choosing a profile picture: Use a picture that shows you are a true professional and one that a potential client might expect to see.
- Sending your very first tweet: You don’t have any followers yet, so this is just going to be a tweet that announces your presence on Twitter and introduces you to the platform.
- Advertising your Twitter presence: Let everyone know you are now on Twitter. Send out emails, post it on your other social media sites, and invite everyone to follow you there.
- Following others: Make a Twitter list (a feature of the platform) of who you are following on Twitter. You want to follow those in the world of law, friends, community groups, and any other person or organization that seems logical.
- Connecting to your website: Be sure to connect your website to your Twitter account.
These steps will set you on the right track right away. You’ll need to post relevant information frequently and stay alert to comments and questions so that your caring and your trustworthiness is never questioned.
If you need assistance setting up your account or preparing social media content on Twitter, give us a call at Group Matrix. We can help you with any and all aspects of your personal injury marketing strategy.